How do I transfer my second hand bike?

How do I transfer my bike to another person?

Here are the steps you have to follow for bike transfer:

  1. Form 28 application filled by the owner (4 copies)
  2. Attested Registration Certificate copy.
  3. Paid road tax receipts.
  4. Copy of Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate.
  5. A valid two wheeler insurance policy.
  6. Chassis imprint of the bike.

Can we transfer bike without owner?

Ans: Yes, you can have the vehicle ownership transferred using the rent agreement as an address proof for the ownership transfer. Q :Can I drive a second-hand vehicle in Bangalore without RC transferred to my name? Ans: The procedure of vehicle ownership transfer is compulsory once you have purchased a used vehicle.

How can I transfer my two wheeler ownership online?

Car/Two-wheeler Ownership Transfer Online Method:

  1. Step 1 – Visit Parivahan website.
  2. Step 2 – Select ‘Online Service’
  3. Step 3 – Select ‘Vehicle Related Service’
  4. Step 4 – Select ‘State’ & proceed accordingly.
  5. Step 5 – Enter ‘Vehicle Registration Number’
  6. Step 6 – Click on ‘Proceed’
  7. Step 7 – Select ‘Online Service’

What legal action can be taken for not transferring the RC?

You should issue a legal notice to the buyer with a cc to Regional Transport authority and police station(where the buyer lives) to change the ownership of the vehicle. Police station will seize the vehicle immediately as the buyer has not changed the ownership details in RTA Office.

IT IS IMPORTANT:  Why can't you go through a drive through on a bike?

How much time does it take to transfer ownership of a bike?

Some RTOs claim that transfer of vehicle ownership takes place in 7 days, but the usual turn around time for the RC transfer is 21 to 30 days and it varies from RTO to RTO.

How much does it cost to transfer a RC car?

The Bike RC Transfer cost includes:

30 to Rs. 35 depending on the state. Smart card fees need to be paid to the RTO which amounts to Rs. 200.

What is the process of bike RC transfer?

To do so, you must submit the following documents to the previous RTO after registering the bike in the new state.

  1. Application form for road tax refund.
  2. Photo identity proof and address proof.
  3. Self-attested Form 16 (RTO-specific)
  4. Copy of RCs (Both old and new)
  5. Insurance certificate (Transferred)